Sunday 28 February 2010

Charlton star brands Southend boss a 'total disgrace'

Charlton captain Nicky Bailey has called his old Southend boss Steve Tilson "a total disgrace".
 
The Addicks triumphed 2-1 at Southend on Friday night with an injury-time winner to keep alive their automatic promotion hopes.

But the Shrimpers were reduced to 10 men when Jean Francois Christophe was sent off after Bailey went down clutching his head in the 25th minute after clashing with Christophe in the 22nd minute of the League One clash.

And midfielder Bailey, 25, who quit Southend for The Valley in August 2008, has been infuriated by claims by Tilson he feigned injury.

"I find Steve Tilson's comments quite laughable," slammed Bailey in a rant to the Southend Afternoon Echo Sportsdesk.

"Cheating is not a word that I have ever been associated with" said the Charlton man who was booked eleven times and sent off once during his 12 months at Roots Hall.

"Most managers go up to players after a game and say well done - even if they do not want to.

"But this is the same man who proposes new contracts by scribbling some figures on pieces of paper the size of a travel card or a post-it note when my salary demands would have filled a sheet of A4."

"To call me a cheat from 25 yards away at full-time is a total disgrace: that's closer to me than Jean Francois Christophe's fist ever got. Tilson should keep his distance, if ever gets that close to me again I shall have no alternative but to throw myself to the ground several minutes later, clutching my head and pretending I've been shot."

No comments:

Post a Comment